Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Scorsese's "My Voyage to Italy" (1999)

Just finished watching "My Voyage to Italy", a documentary by Martin Scorsese about his love for Italian cinema. I was first introduced to the documentary in my first session of Italian Cinema this semester. I was intrigued from the first half an hour we were able to see, so I decided to rent it outside of class.
I'd highly recommend this two-disc documentary. If you're familiar with Italian Cinema or if you don't know anything about it, this is definitely worth your time. Watching it made me appreciate so many aspects of the films I have already seen and gave me a strong urge to re-watch them. Scorsese spoke of the films with such admiration that I am currently overwhelmed with a list of films to see. Luckily, I'll be able to see a good deal of these in my class. Also, I am really beginning to consider minoring in World Cinema. I'm already going to be in school for longer than 4 years, so why not?

No comments: